Friday, August 1, 2014

Being Blind is not always a Bad Thing


    Highlight-  John 9:1-3; As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi,who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

     Explain-  When bad things happen to you, remember that God can shine when you are humble. Through your weakness, he can show himself to others.

     Apply-  It can be so hard to understand why things happen the way they do, but even when I am confused, I am going to trust God to take care of it. This man who was blind had not done anything wrong, yet he was unable to see. He did not question Jesus and say, "Why did this happen to me? It's not fair." I know I have said those words on many occasions. He praised Jesus when he was healed. I should praise God every day because I am not blind, but I have taken so much for granted. Whenever something terrible happens to me, I am going to trust God. Though my weakness, he is strong.
     Respond-  Dear God,
                            Thank you that I can see. Help me to trust you even when I can't see. When I don't understand, when I'm blind, help me not to be stressed or angry, but know that you will take care of me, just like you always do.
Amen
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment