Friday, November 22, 2013

Death and Life

     John 19:16-18; So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. 17 Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull. 18 Here they crucified him. Jesus let them beat, tease, and murder him in order that he could save his people from sin.  If that is not love, I do not know what is.  John 19:26-27; When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son," 27 and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home. Jesus, being the oldest son with no father, was responsible for taking care of his mother. When he turned thirty, he was released of that responsibility, but obviously he loved his mom dearly and wanted her to be taken care of.
     Even though it was hard, Jesus kept his promise to the world, and he followed through with everything he said he would do. He died on a cross and then three days later rose from the dead.  He appeared to his disciples to give them strength and encouragement.  John 20:19-23 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord. 21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit."  Jesus did not only mean for his 11 disciples to tell the world about him, but everyone who calls himself a follower of Christ.  I shall tell the world about what Christ did for us all too.  It is the least I can do, but I cannot do it on my own. I have to ask God of wisdom and the Holy Spirit.
     Dear God, I thank you for sending your son to this earth to save us.  I thank you for giving him the wisdom to speak to the world about you and for giving him strength to complete what he was put on this earth to do. I pray that you would fill me with what I need to accomplish the purpose you have placed in my life. I ask for joy, peace, wisdom, patience, and the ability to love like your son loved.  Not my will but yours be done. In Jesus name, Amen.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment