Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Teen for the Light

     35 You are going to have the light just a little while longer.  Walk while you have the light, before the darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going. 36 Put your trust in the light while you still have it, so that you may become sons of light.  In John 12:35-36, Jesus tried to encourage the people to trust and believe in him, so the they did not have to continue walking in the darkness.  He wanted his people to know him, to know his love for them, and to love others so that they knew Christ loved them too. John 13:34-35; Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.  As a Christian, I am guilty of not being loving.  I admit that I do get angry and sin.  Thank you God for forgiving me! As a daughter of the Christ, I shall try everyday of my life to show love to people more than I did the day before. I shall encourage you -my reader- daily on how the Lord is blessing me, and how he loves and wants to bless you.  I shall live a life worthy of the calling I have received. 29 I will not let any unwholesome talk come out of my mouth, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  Ephesians 4:1+29
     I speak in faith, for without God, I can do nothing. In my strength alone, I am weak.  I trust in him, that he will supply me with all the strength and support I need to complete the tasks assigned to me. John 14:12 says, Anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these.
     I want to tell the world how God loves them.  I want to go to the poor and the hurting and tell them about what Christ did for them. How he loved them so much that he would die the most horrible death in order that we could be saved.  I want to tell the broken that he loves them.  I want to tell the orphans that they are not fatherless, because they have a heavenly father who very much cares for them. I want to be God's servant and tell them that he wants to give them peace, and that through him is the only way they can get it.  One cannot get peace from the world but only through Jesus Christ. John 14:27; Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. In order to encourage others, I have created this blog.  Everyday, after I read my daily devotions, I shall type out what I learned or what God wishes me to share with you. I shall tell how I am walking in the light, hopefully to build you up. God bless you.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment