Friday, March 7, 2014

Boasting in Our Weakness

     2 Corinthians 12:9-10; But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  
     When my mom was in Beauty Collage, she had some people in the salon that would tease her and mock her for being a Christian. Only one of them would do it to her face, but still, many others would be in the back of the room and say nasty things about how she needed to just go to bed with a guy already and have some fun instead of being a little Christian girl. One girl (I'll just call her Sally because I don't actually remember her name.) would come up to her and tease her. "Oh, you just need to get laid." She'd say, and my mom would tease her back. "Oh, you just need to get saved." Soon Sally actually started to like my mom and so she felt it was only right of her to tell my mom about all the nasty things the other people were saying about my mom. She was sure my mom would be in tears and really hurt, but instead, my mom said, "Praise the Lord!" Sally was confused and so my mom explained. "Isn't it a great thing when the only thing people can tease you for is that you love God? It's true. I do love God and I'm not going to sleep around, so all that they are saying is true. Why should I be offended?" Sally admitted she had never looked at it that way, and she began to really admire my mom. 
    Just like Paul was saying, my mom praised God when people were making fun of her and through that, Sally could see that my mom was special and she really did believe in God and maybe that meant that there was a God after all.  I hope that some time in my life I will get the chance to boast in my weakness so that Christ can be seen.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment