Thursday, March 13, 2014

Honor your father and mother

     Matthew 19:19; 'Honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.' 
     Just like I tried every week to practice doing one of the fruits of the spirit, I am going to challenge myself again and feel free to join in the challenge.
    This week I am just going to focus specifically on honoring my mother and father because recently I have been being very disrespectful to my mom particularly. My dad and I get along pretty well normally. The issue with my mom and I is: When we argue, I am normally right, but I'm a brat about it. So naturally, she doesn't want to admit that I'm right because I'm demanding that my idea is right and hers is wrong. I am a very black and white person, which is not necessarily a good thing. In my mind, everything is so obvious. This is obviously right and that is obviously wrong, so I have the tendency to get frustrated when other people don't agree with me. For some reason though, I don't argue as much with anyone else. It is just my mom.
     So, this week I am going to make an extra large effort to be kind and loving to my mom and honor her above me.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment