Monday, March 10, 2014

Jonathan Loved David as Himself

      1 Samuel 18:1-3; After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself.2 From that day Saul kept David with him and did not let him return home to his family. 3 And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself.  I find it interesting that Jonathan loves David 'as himself'. There seem to be the majority of two kinds of people. Those who love only themselves and those who don't love themselves. Some are greedy and the others and not content or have been bullied so much that they begin to hate themselves.
     I'm certainly not saying that everyone falls into one of those two categories. I don't really think I go into either of those, but I don't think I could say that the people I love most in life I love as myself.
     I reason why it is so good to love yourself is because God made you, just like he made everyone else in the world. Yet everyone is special. We should love ourselves because God loves us, and we should love others because God loves them.
     1 Corinthians 3:16-17;  Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment