Saturday, May 17, 2014

Prayers

Well Blog Readers,
     My mom is in the hospital for the second time this week. She has something that is blocking her gallbladder which means she cannot digest food properly. Her gallbladder has been having spasms (causing her to vomit and not be able to stop vomiting all last evening) and the gallbladder needs to be removed; but there is such a line for surgery that she has had a hard time getting in. My dad was looking in to everything he could, so they are at a Hospital hoping that she can get her surgery done and not be in any more pain. Please pray for her.
I ask that you also pray for my siblings. They were both in tears last night when my parents left for the hospital. They seem really scared. For some reason, I'm not. It is a strange feeling. I haven't cried for my mother at all, which is so unlike me. My brother told my pastor that I was probably taking this all the hardest because I'm so compassionate, but I don't feel anything except certain that God is going to take care of my mom. I have for sure seen how valuable my mom is and how thankful I am to have such a mom, but I haven't been in tears like I was the last time she was hurt.
I am sort of mad at myself for not being in tears. Am I being insensitive? I have asked if there was anything I could do to help her and have always been told, 'no'. I have prayed and prayed for her. That is all I can think of doing to help her. I have no fear of her dying. I know everything is going to be all right. I seriously have no doubt in my mind. But am I being insensitive by not crying? I don't really want to cry because it makes me sad. But how can I be happy when my mom is in such serious pain? It seems so wrong.
Last night, I prayed with two of my siblings as they were in tears. I thanked God for all the people who were praying for my mom. I thanked him because I knew he was going to heal my mom. I wasn't sure what else I should have said. I trust him to take care of my mom just like he has done her whole life.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment