Thursday, December 5, 2013

Be a Wise Friend

     Luke 5:17-20; One day Jesus was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. They had come from every village if Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with Jesus to heal the sick. 18 Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. 19 When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus. 20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friends, your sins are forgiven."
     When I read this passage, the first thought that came to my mind was, I want friends like that. Friends that would be that determined to have me healed when I am sick. I thought about how I should surround myself with the kind of people that would care about me like that. Then, I realized how wrong I was to think this. I saw how selfish I sounded. I should have read that passage and said, 'That is the kind of friend I should be.' I want to be the friend that would say, 'There has got to be another way we can get you to see Jesus.' I want to be the friend that will not give up, but presses on. I hope you feel the same way. In order for us to succeed in becoming this kind of a friend though, we need to ask God to fill our hearts with virtuous thoughts and innocent intentions. We need to ask him for wisdom. I do not know about you, but I do not consider myself very wise. I mess up way too often, and I need his help to keep me on the right path.
     Dear Jesus,
        I thank you for you word that shows us how to live, but I am so foolish, I need your help to follow on your path. Please give me wisdom to know what to do and say. Also I ask that you would bless my readers with wisdom and courage to be able to accomplish what it is that you want for them.                  In Jesus name,
Amen                                                              
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment