Saturday, December 21, 2013

JOY

     This week's theme is JOY! The second fruit of the spirit. Considering it is Christmas, one would think that having joy would be easy, but for a lot of people, Christmas is the hardest time of the year. It may represent a time that use to be joyful, but now you have no one to share it with, so you are all alone. I have to tell you something about joy though. Joy is choosing to be happy even when things do not go your own way. If you can have joy when life is perfect, that is not really impressive. But, despite what life throws at you, if you can find joy in hard and troublesome times, other people will see that and admire you. That is what I want people to see in me. I want them to see that I have difficulties just like everyone else, but I have still chosen to have joy.
     It is hard to have joy when things go wrong. It would be like this:
            You were told you were going to be given a hot-chocolate with extra marshmallows. You take the cup and drink. Your taste-buds scream at you that that is not hot chocolate at all but rather chicken gravy. EW! That is absolutely disgusting, but can you have joy even when you got something gross and unexpected? I know! It is not easy, but having joy even when thinks do not go my way is what I am going to work on this week, and I encourage you to do the same. This Christmas break, if your plans do not go really like you wanted them to, or you are missing someone you use to spend Christmas with, I encourage you to try your best to find joy even in those rough situations. God bless you and I hope you have a fabulous Christmas break.
~Daughter of the Light


No comments:

Post a Comment