Friday, December 13, 2013

Little Things

     Luke 16:10; Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. The little things matter. I use to think that when things were small, they was not important. But the truth is, the little things are given to us to train us for the big things. I tend to think, 'Hit me with your best shot. Whatever you throw at me, I will find a way to make it work.' (that has always been my motto: Make things work) But God has been changing my heart. He has been whispering in my ear, 'The little things matter too. Do them to your best ability and then I will give you more. Be patient.'

     Luke 14:28-32; Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? 29 For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30 saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn't able to finish.’ 31 “Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Won’t he first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32 If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace
     Often I think to myself, if I have faith, it will happen. I feel like, if I trust God, I should be able to fly to Africa or China and start helping the people there. I would help and tell them about God. My intentions may be great, and I may have faith, but I am not using wisdom. God has not told be or my family, "Kelsey needs to go to another country or continent to work with people in need." I need to trust God in what he is doing right now in my life instead of thinking that in order to make a difference I need to go somewhere else. It is the little things that I do now, here where God has already planted me, that count. God put me where I am for a reason, whether I like it or not. I need to trust that he knows what he is doing.
~Daughter of the Light


No comments:

Post a Comment