Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Jesus the Superhero

    Luke 4: 28-30; All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this. 29 They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff. 30 But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.
     Luke 5:22; Jesus knew what they were thinking...
     Jesus can quote the future, he can walk on water, he can he the blind, lame, and sick, he can raise the dead to life, he can transport (he transported from one side of the mountain to the other), he can read people's mind, and he can walk through people. He is like one, amazing superhero. Why is it that I do not always trust that he has the best plan for me? It must be that I am impatient. I want to do really big things, but he is telling me, 'No, start with the little things. The little things are important too.' What I really need to do is to just trust and wait for what he has in store for me. I need to trust and wait for his perfect timing. I need to ask him to help me not be afraid. He walked through an angry mob. (like, they literally could not touch him) Surely he could give me some advice and encouragement on how to be brave and patient. I only have to humbly come before him and ask. You only have to do the same thing. Just ask, and you will receive.
~Daughter of the Light 

No comments:

Post a Comment