Wednesday, December 18, 2013

He did not Speak

     Luke 23:8-11; When Herod saw Jesus, he was greatly pleased, because for a long time he had been wanting to see him. From what he had heard about him, he hoped to see him perform a sign of some sort. 9 He plied him with many questions, but Jesus gave him no answer. 10 The chief priests and the teachers of the law were standing there, vehemently accusing him. 11 Then Herod and his soldiers ridiculed and mocked him. Dressing him in an elegant robe, they sent him back to Pilate. 
     When Jesus was mocked and accused, he did not say anything. He had ultimate power. He could have wiped them all out, but he obeyed his father and did not. He did not even try to correct those who spoke against him.
     Man, I correct and interrupt people just when their grammar is not right. I am pretty sure, if I was in Jesus' place, I would not have been wise enough to just sit there and let God take care of and play everything out like it needed to be done.
      Dear Jesus,
         I pray that you would please teach me to be wise with my words. Please forgive me for overreacting and putting my foot in my mouth. I do not want to say anything that is not pleasing to you. Give me the strength and courage I need to do your will and not get overly angry like I often do.
In Jesus name,
Amen
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment