Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The 1st will be Last and the Last will be 1st

     Luke 13:30; Indeed, those who are last will be first, and first will be last. When I was little, I remember really having a problem with this verse. I felt like it was saying those who did not work hard got to be first and those that put a lot of effort into being successful had to be last. It did not seem right to me that if I ran really fast, faster than anyone else in the class, and I got to the front of the line first, why should I be sent to the back? I worked harder than the others to get there, and yet the people who did not really care about leading the line and were the last got sent to the front to do it. I remember really hating that.
    Now that I am older, I understand better. It had to do with pride and humility. Those that were the proudest would be humbled and those who were humbled would be exalted. I was racing to the front because I wanted to be the best. It was not that I was "working hard" and they were being lazy, it was that I was being prideful and they were being humble.
     I try not to do silly prideful things like that anymore, but pride is something I struggle with more than a lot of other things. When I pray for God to humble me, I will also pray for you that God will help you with whatever it is you struggle with. Be careful if you too have issues with pride, because if you ask him to humble you, he really will. My pride has gotten me in trouble before, so I am very eager to get rid of it. Please pray for me as I pray for you. If first we can fix our mistakes and pray for others to have the strength to fix their mistakes too, then we can change the world.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment