Thursday, February 6, 2014

Be Strong and Courageous

     Deuteronomy 31;6+8; Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. 8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
     Moses was telling the Israelites that even though he was not going to cross the Jordan river with them, God was. God would always be with them. After all the Israelites had done, God still was watching over them. He still loved them. He didn't love the sin that they did, but he loved them.
     I love hearing scriptures like this because in my prideful little mind I think to myself, "Awe, God loves me. He will always be with me. I don't have to be afraid of anything. I can live my life without fear because I know he will take care of everything." Well... bad things still happen. Yes, we don't have to live in fear of the things of this world but in the Bible it does say to fear the Lord you God. We love him but, like a good father, he will disciple us if we are disobedient.
     Something else that popped into my head this morning as I read this scripture was that this is how God feels about all his people. He loves them and will never leave or forsake them. He does not want them to be afraid or discouraged. This partly means that I should not go around discouraging other people because God loves them too. That seems pretty obvious somethings... ya, you shouldn't put people down or bully them, but sometimes I just get so fed up with my friends that I spit out a couple words that are to offend them. That is so not right and that is something I need to work on. It kind of goes along with being gentle too. I need to be gentle with my words.
      So, this day, be strong, bold, and courageous because you know that God is with you. Love others like he loves them and encourage others by telling them that even though we mess up, God forgives us.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment