Monday, February 24, 2014

Max Lucado

      I was reading in my book, Redefining Beautiful by Jenna Lucado, about how Jesus went to the garden to pray.  He knew he was going to be arrested there and then was going to die.  This is a message by Max Lucado that was on the side of my page, and I thought he made a really good point so I should share it with you.
     I know it stinks to go to detention on a Saturday morning, knowing that three hours of cleaning campus await.  I know it's a pain to go home after school with a bad report card knowing that Mam is going to ask about it.  And I know it's an eye-roller to spend half of the summer at Grandma's house watching returns of Jeopardy all day.  But to go somewhere knowing that you are going to die there?  Now that is a whole other ballgame.  
     I'm pretty sure that if I were living it up in Heaven at the right side of God, there's no way I'd volunteer to live thirty-three years on earth, where I'd experience sickness, cruelty, hunger, misunderstanding, rejection, betrayal, loneliness... but Jesus came not only to go through all of that, but also separation from his Father.  He hung on that cross, bleeding, probably getting splinters in his back, in pain.
     Just think about the different ways we can sacrifice something for someone else.  We can give up our weekend and volunteer at a food bank.  We can miss our favorite TV show to help our siblings with their homework.  We can give our allowance to help a homeless man on the streets.  Maybe one thing is easier than another, but they are all important way to show that we are real Christians.

~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment