Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Comparing Yourself to Others

     1 Corinthians 3:18-19; Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness.”
     This totally applies to me. I make the mistake of comparing myself to other people and thinking I am better than them, so I must be amazing. How rude is that though? I shouldn't judge others like that and I shouldn't be that prideful, however, I am getting a little bit better at not taking credit for everything I do. While I took my permit test, once every problem appeared, before I read it I said, "Jesus please help me. I can't do this without you. If it is not your will for me to pass this test than I don't want to, but if it is your will for me to pass, give me wisdom to do so." I prayed that before reading every problem and when I got a problem right, praised God.
     It is hard when your friends start to do things they shouldn't not to say, "Well I am so much better than them." But the only person we should be comparing ourselves to is God. Or, actually I do compare myself to another person as well, but she is my hero. She is leading a Godly life and is a fabulous role model. Sometimes it is easier to ask what would Jessica do instead of what would Jesus do because I don't always know what Jesus would have done. It is really helpful to have a role model like her.
     I don't know about you, but I don't like to be called a fool. I don't want to have to fall flat on my face because I elevated myself to much. I need to give the glory of everything to God and compare myself to his standards and not those of other people. It will take a lot of self-control, but God will help me be successful. Thank you Jesus.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment