Tuesday, February 18, 2014

End of the World

   Psalm 44:6-8;
 I put no trust in my bow,
my sword does not bring me victory;
but you give us victory over our enemies,
you put our adversaries to shame.
In God we make our boast all day long,
and we will praise your name forever.


     I felt like this was a really good reminder that our trust is in God and not in ourselves (thank goodness). I was talking about the end of the world with my mom and sister the other day, which if you know me you know I like talking about those kind of things along with spiritual warfare, and my mom was talking about how scary it was that our world is becoming so corrupt. Perhaps it is because I have been reading all about communism in school this last week or I don't know what, but I wasn't really scared. In fact, I could not help smiling. Something about that we will be going to heaven sooner than I thought made me happy.
     I pointed out to her that in the Revelations it tells us that storms will rage harder than ever before (we just had a pretty bad storm), times are going to be harder than ever before (everyone seems to be loosing it), but it also says 365 times in the Bible to not be afraid. We trust in God, not ourselves. Through ourselves, we can do nothing, but with God, anything is possible. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, which means he is still in control, and what he promised years ago, he will still do. Thank you God.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment