Sunday, February 2, 2014

Gentleness


     Being gentle is for sure something I lack, and one of the reasons for that may be that I never think about it. I've told myself before, "Be more loving." or "Patience. Patience girl." But for some reason gentleness gets overlooked in my life. I am a very determined girl. I see things very black and white, and when I think something is wrong, I get very passionate about it. I am not gentle at all except when it comes to babies. Maybe when I was little my mom told me to be gentle enough times while holding a baby that it just stuck. I love kids, and I am pretty careful when I am playing with them not to hurt anyone else around us; but when it comes to peers, I guess I figure they don't need gentleness anymore.  It's kind of sad, but not being gentle is a character trait I have ignored.
     Today is Sunday and there is a youth group at a friend of mine's house that starts tonight. When I go there and I hear people share their opinions, I am going to make an enormous effort to not judge and fight with them. I will listen to them instead of only listening to myself. I'm also going to pray that God helps me be gentle.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment