Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Challenge Yourself

Psalm 15:2-5;
2 The one whose walk is blameless,
who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from their heart;
3 whose tongue utters no slander,
who does no wrong to a neighbor,
and casts no slur on others;
4 who despises a vile person
but honors those who fear the Lord;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
and does not change their mind;
5 who lends money to the poor without interest;
who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.

Whoever does these things
will never be shaken.


     When I was younger I read this and thought of it this way: 
"If you are perfect, you will never be defeated."
     I was reading this today and I saw it as a challenge. The new yea has started. Make an effort to be more blameless, more truthful, less prideful, more encouraging, and more innocent. 
    Also, being a peace maker. That is the fruit of the spirit I am on. It is not working out so well, but I shall still Do Hard Things and try more and more to be a peace maker.
   HAPPY NEW YEAR! Challenge yourself to do something hard this year too. Don't give up just because we all mess up. Do Hard Things.
   I was talking with my mom the other day about being on fire for Christ. I asked her what she thought the next generation of Christians were going to be like. She said that they would be stronger than the last because they would have to be. To survive in a world that is decaying and becoming more and more corrupt, we have to stand up and make a difference. We cannot just wait for the next person to do it. We need to stand up. We need to speak up. This is not just something one person does. We need to work together as a team.
   I have been talking with some friends and organizations about helping stop abortions and sexually exploited girls, but it is hard. I have talked with a couple people and researched for hours. The results have not exactly been positive, but don't worry, I'm not giving up. I'm doing something hard and I am not just going to give up once it gets harder.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment