Thursday, January 9, 2014

Favortism and Tattoos

     Leviticus 19:15; Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly. I struggle with this. When I teach a children's class at my church I always pick favorites. I try not to treat them differently because I really do love them all, but sometimes I let the ones that I extra like get away with a little more than they should or I choose them to do special things. I justify myself by saying something like, 'Well they have proven themselves worthy, so I can put my trust in them.' That is really not fair though. If the other kids only can come to church 2 a month, they don't have a chance quite as often to prove themselves. This is obviously something I need to work on.
     Leviticus 19:28; Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I have no problems with cutting my body for the dead. Just reading that kinda creeps me out, but I actually have some friends that did cut themselves -not for the dead- but because it took their minds off of the pain in their life. Feeling a different kind of pain was nice for them, but now talking to those friends, all of them say that they regret it.
     Tattoos on the other hand... When I was younger, I knew tattoos were wrong and I would always say something like: 'I just don't understand why someone would pay to have himself permanently scared.' And... well... I don't really see it like that. I sort-of want a tattoo, but it says in the Bible not to. I read this scripture and wonder to myself, 'Perhaps he meant don't tattoo yourself for the dead. That wouldn't be a problem for me. I would be tattooing myself for myself because I think it looks cool. Now that I say that I realize how selfish I sound. Hmm, maybe another reason I want a tattoo is so I can show it to my friends and prove that I'm not a little perfect angel, I do cool things too. What's up with that? Seriously, that is me being drawn into the crowd and doing what the world says I should. I need to work on doing what God wants me to and not my own desires.
     I told you earlier about how I want to stop abortion. Well, I'm doing the Daniel Fast so that I can draw closer to God and know really how it is that he wants me to do this. I invite you to join me in fasting. I am only eating the list of foods they tell me to in the book -but I did add protein shakes and chicken and beef broth like my naturopathic doctor told me to. As a teenager I still need to have protien so I can think clearly and get me homework done.
     May God bless you in everything you do.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment