Saturday, January 11, 2014

Kindness

     Ephesians 4:32; Be kind and tender to one another. Forgive each other, just as God forgave you because of what Christ has done.   It is now time to practice kindness. I have been thinking about this recently, probably because I was eager to get done with patience. I don't know about you, but it really seemed like God was telling me to slow down this last week. My guitar teacher was telling me to slow down and practice as slowly as possible with the metronome. Anyway, I have already tried to work at kindness. I have let others take the seat that I wanted and could have had. I have not made anyone feel guilty because they are eating sugar in front of me when I cannot have it. (because I'm on the Daniel Fast) I think kindness, when I think about it, is not really hard. My best friend just got her wisdom teeth pulled out yesterday, so I went and bought her ice cream, wrote her a nice card, and dropped it off at her house. Boy was she surprised!
     Kindness is such a great thing because you feel the benefits yourself. When I saw my friend smile, it made my day. Things like having peace and showing patience, you do not always see the benefits, but the truth it, you could have gotten into a really big fight that hurt a relationship if you had not been patient. I don't know. Kindness is so beautiful, and you don't have to do anything big, but just a little something to make someone feel special. Something I am working on that I know is going to take me all week, I am writing an adjective for each letter of all my friends names that are on Facebook. That includes people who never get on Facebook, people I hardly know, and my best friends. That is a lot of people! But I know that it will make them happy when they look at their Facebook page a see a bunch of encouraging, positive things that I see in them.
     Try and do something kind this week, something you know will touch someone's heart. It could be making a meal for a sick friend, writing a letter, spending more time with a sibling... the choices are endless. We just have to be bold and step out an make those things happen.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment