Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Goodness

     Yesterday I realized that the challenge week for kindness was over and this week I was going to practice goodness. What is goodness and how is it different than kindness? The two seemed very similar to me, so I looked them up on dictionary.com.   Kindness is the state or quality of being kind. Friendly feeling; liking. A kind act; favor. Goodness is the state or quality of being good. Generous. A kind act; favor.    So they are similar, but I think being kind is more of being a servant and being good is more of being moral and upright.
     Personally, I am a very black and white person and I get very passionate about what I believe. I don't think I need to work so much on the standing up for what is moral or being just, but I do need to work on being good in a kind way. That is what I am going to work on this week. Feel free to alter the challenge of practicing a particular fruit of the spirit a week to fit you and what would actually be a challenge for you.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment