Saturday, January 18, 2014

What if You Didn't Know It Was Wrong?

     Numbers 15:27; But if just one person sins unintentionally, he must bring a year-old female goat for a sin offering. I have had many conversations with my mom where I asked her over and over again, 'How is it just to punish someone if they didn't know what they were doing was wrong?' I would get very passionate about this, so when I read scriptures like this in the Bible, I would get upset. Yesterday I saw a picture on Facebook of something that was in the paper, and I realized why it was so important for people to be disciplined even if they did not know that they were doing something wrong.
     It is hard to read stuff like that in the paper or for that matter, anywhere. It made me sick. When you live in a corrupt world where people do not follow the rules God gives us to follow, it becomes easier to see why it is so important to follow those rules.
     Numbers 14:18; The Lord is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished. This is a reason why it is so important to discipline children. My parents spanked me until I was ten, and I am so happy they did. If they had not disciplined me for what I did wrong, I would have never known what was right and what was wrong.
     Even when God's rules don't make sense, we should still obey them because the truth is, he knows a lot more than we do. He can see the big picture and we can only see part of it. That is why it is so important to trust him.
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment