Friday, January 17, 2014

Moses was Humble

     Numbers 12:3; (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.) What was it that made Moses so humble? He was not afraid to complain to God. Numbers 11:11; Why have you brought this trouble on your servant? What have I done to displease you that you put the burden of all these people on me? It was not that he was perfect. So, what made him so humble? Maybe it was because he had so much faith in God. He did as the Lord commanded him because he knew the Lord knew best. In the blog Hannah's Cupboard, she very wisely points out that God saw Moses, not for what he did, but for who he was.
     Hebrews 13:8; Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. If he is the same as he was in the past, he still sees us for who we are and not what we do. The more I contemplate that, the more I see it can be a good or bad thing. 1 Corinthians 13:3; If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. God can see if we do good because it is really in our hearts to do so or if it is only because we want to look good.
     Personally, I have this problem a bit. It is my spiritual gift to serve, so it does come naturally, but sometimes I say certain things about what I do so that others can hear it and think well of me. It is a very selfish way to do things, I know, and I have tried to humble myself and not say such things, but it is difficult. I have asked God to humble me, because I cannot change my bad habits without his help, and he is. I may not like it, but the more my pride gets knocked down, and the more embarrassed I become will hopefully train me not to say cocky things.
     This week, try to be like Moses. I don't mean mean the things he did, but who he was. Try to be humble like Moses was. I shall be working on this as well. We're all in this together! 
~Daughter of the Light

No comments:

Post a Comment